Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: "move along"

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 12:18:55 EEST

On 12/05/11 03:09, Bearcat M. Ĺžandor wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 08:56 +1000, Leigh Dyer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I took all your advice on board, and when listening back over the track
>> with your feedback in mind, I couldn't disagree with any of it :) I
>> zeroed my levels in Ardour and recreated the mix from scratch, cleaning
>> up the EQ on the vocals and bass and bringing the vocals and drums to
>> the fore. Here's a direct link:
>>
>> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/movealong-remix3.ogg
>>
>> I'd love to know if you think it's an improvement, and if there's
>> anything further I could do to improve things.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Leigh
> I really like this track. The mix is open and nothing gets lost.
>
> You might consider doing some vocal exercises to strengthen it across
> the higher notes as you sound a bit weak there. A few minutes a day will
> do wonders in a short time.
>
> As for the music itself, i enjoyed it. It reminded me quite a bit of
> Porcupine Tree in its composition, albeit with out the strange time
> signatures that they are known for.

Thanks :) I'll definitely check out Porcupine Tree -- I'm sure I've
heard the name before, but I've yet to listen to any of their work.

Do you (or anyone else) have links to some good online vocal exercises?
It's definitely something I'd like to improve, and something that I
think I could stand to spend a lot more time practising.

Thanks
Leigh