Re: [LAU] Comparison between Qtractor and Ardour?

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 20:08:16 EEST

Quoting Roberto Suárez Soto <talkingxouba@email-addr-hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> I've only used Ardour, but I've seen Qtractor mentioned quite a bit
> here. It seems to be a simpler version of
> Ardour, to my ver unexperienced and unknowledgeable eyes. Is it so? Is there
> some comparison between them that I can check to know more?

They're both similar. Qtractor is probably better if you need an
integrated MIDI recording solution and don't want to take the risk of
running alpha software (until Ardour3 is released).
I'd imagine Ardour being stronger in the sound editing department, though.

Since it's free and probably in a package manager near you why not
install it and see for yourself.