Re: [LAU] LAU/LAM video blog

From: <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 13 2011 - 07:40:13 EEST

> On 13/05/11 14:19, Greg Jones wrote:
>> Just a thought, YouTube has code now for embedding HTML5 (iframe) and
>> code for Flash (embed). I think it is a "one or the other" type
>> situation. Not 100% sure on that. If that is the case you could use
>> modernizr (http://www.modernizr.com/) to see if their browser is capable
>> of HTML5 video. If yes, use iframe HTML5 code. If no, use embed and
>> Flash. Good luck and thanks for putting up the blog.
>
> Embedding their HTML5 player sounds like a brilliant idea, especially
> now that Firefox 4 is available and Youtube is using WebM even more
> extensively than before. I'd agree that a Flash fallback is still a good
> idea, though.

I just grabbed the embed code from youtube

<iframe width="425" height="349"
src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rroLwht4jyM" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is there a way to wrap that in a seperate player? I thought the browser
or youtube was in charge of deciding the playback format?

Otherwise it's possible that I could setup a kalturaCE install but that
requires hosting and serving the videos too...

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.