Re: [LAU] LAC: A musician's workflow slides?

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun May 15 2011 - 13:31:07 EEST

On 15/05/11 11:18, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> Hello Heikki,
>
> The tapes have been captured and I've started editing. So far kdenlive
> doesn't like a system without PulseAudio or the avi files sitting on a
> NTFS drive apparently so I didn't get very far yet. I'll continue
> tomorrow.

I've just been editing the raw file of my talk from the website in
kdenlive (just to clip it, adjust the volume and add an introductory
slide). It had trouble using alsa until I worked out that you need to
install 'libsdl1.2debian-alsa'. (in ubuntu, probably the same in debian).

Another gotcha that took me a while to work out is that the version of
ffmpeg on ubuntu lucid won't read ogg theora videos properly, so you
need to either use a newer distro, or compile your own ffmpeg from the
website. (if you compile your own you need to add --enable-libtheora
--enable-libvorbis to the configure flags to be able to export to ogg
theora).

One question I have is whether you have captured the screenshot and
camera streams separately on disk to edit later? The raw video of my
talk spends a lot of time faded to the screenshot.

Hope this helps.

andy