Re: [LAU] linuxsampler with jack2 (was Re: linuxsampler on 64 bit Ubuntu)

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 11:22:47 EEST

Robin Paulson wrote:
>>> hmm, that's kind of important for me. is there a jack1 compatibility
>>> wrapper or similar?
>> Good question. I've noticed for some application that compiling with
>> jack1 and then running with jack2 works fine. But I guess it's more of a
>> jack-dev question
>
> can anyone answer this? given that linuxsampler relies on jack1, is it
> able to use jack2? is it only a matter of forcing the dependencies? or
> does ls need to be changed at the code level?
>
> alternatively, are there any wrappers which allow jack1 applications
> to use jack2?

Hmmm, I use JACK2 and haven't met any JACK1 apps that didn't work with
it, but I don't really do a lot of JACK apps if your talking about
things like JACK Rack, etc. And I don't have linuxsampler around. I
thought one of the folk on the list used linuxsampler with JACK for
their live sound?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden