Re: [LAU] acid techno test

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 17:28:08 EEST

On 17 May 2011 09:36, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello James1
>  First of all: I suppose when I mentioned the TB303 for the higher frequency
> covering smootchy piercing sounds, I didn't really mean a TB303 sound. Just
> some sound, that will take care of damaging you high frequency hearing.
> Higher sounds are subjectively louder, or maybe even objectively. They
> somehow get to you. And I suppose they just fill the rest of the world, that
> the bass hasn't filled, and make you completely live in the music. I
> suspect, that this is an important ingredience for good danceable music of
> that genre. Just my tuppence.
>  Kindest regards
>             Julien

Well Julien, I think I can detect something in your message this time...

Anyway for what it's worth, my relationship with techno and all the
4/4 music that it spawned over the decades (oh no it's plural now) has
always been of the love/hate variety.

What I love about early 90's techno is that it wasn't so easy to
pigeon hole it. The other thing I love about early 90's techno is it
didn't have all those lovey-dovey airy-fairy vapid vocals... nor those
irritating snare build ups.

Best,
James.