Re: [LAU] Vocal remover/eliminator/Karaoke tool?

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 19 2011 - 00:52:56 EEST

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 02:18:13PM -0700, Ivan K wrote:
> Is there no chance you can just give her a cello and
> get her involved with chamber music?

That'd be lovely. Unfortunately, music is not her main area of interest. I've tried to teach her several instruments since she was practically an infant; she's never been into it.

Art, however, is something she's always been as serious about as I've been about music, practically since birth. So any investment in instruction or equipment in the area of art pays off. Music, not so much.

I think her sudden interest in dance-pop music is more to do with hormones and the onset of adolescence than any lasting love of music in general. Cello lessons wouldn't really stick.

-ken