Re: [LAU] Cracking sound via USB (ALSA urb.c:480: frame 5 active: -18)

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 22:08:49 EEST

2011/5/24 Aurélien Leblond <blablack@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I seem to have an issue with USB soundcards on my laptop.
> I have tried two of them, but I keep getting crackling sounds while
> playing with Ardour or Hydrogen.

Maybe the USB bus is using the same IRQ as your graphic card or
another active device ?
cat /proc/interrupts

Try to plug the device in a different usb-connector.
AFAIK, there is no other way to change the used interrupt, if the bios
doesn't support changing it.

Some cards support both, usb1.1 and usb2.0.
I wonder myself, how to find out, which mode is being used.

--
E.R.