[LAU] [OT] Learning some Czech and math/science related event for blinds

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 22:50:15 EEST

Hello!
   From 29th of July to 3rd of August there's the second Summer University, an
event for blind and visually impaired people. It's objective is to acquaint
people with ways to access math and scientific formulas on the computer. Main
OS is unfortunately win, but I'm demostrating GNU Octave. so if anyone is
interested in that:
http://www.icchp-su.net
   This year in the Czech Republic, Tecl.
   I'm currently learning some Czech and I was wondering, if there's someone
here from the Czech Republic or who is fluent in the language. I have some net
resources and they are fine, as far as they go, but I have some problems with
different letters and accents. So if anyone could and would like to chat with
me for a bit, just send me a private mail. I can call the Czech Republic
easily so even phoning wouldn't be a problem.
   Sorry, for hijacking the list for this.
   Warm regards
            Julien

--------