Re: [LAU] Sharing of Ardour projects

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 11:28:14 EEST

On 05/28/2011 01:37 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 10:08 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

>> I've got a strange problem with MFV. *Something* is poisoning
>> the signal graph with Nans or Infs. One visible result is that
>> e.g. the W channel of one of the jkmeters shows only peaks and
>> no RMS values (this is to be expected if the filter state gets
>> a Nan - once a Nan always a Nan). The other indication is that
>> adding an Ambdec produces a never ending xrun storm even if the
>> effective CPU load remains below 10%.
>>
>> Have you seen anything similar ?
>
> not in this session. sc4 can be funny at times, but i haven't had any
> issues with it for quite a while. i don't have access to the session
> atm, will ake a look when i return home on sunday. meanwhile, if you
> want to pinpoint the problem, try muting all channels and then unmute
> one by one.
>
> do the nans crop up immediately, or only after playing some audio?

i just tested the session again, and i don't see any NaNs or INFs. what
i did notice, though, is that i'm burning a ridiculous amount of cpu for
this tiny little arrangement - i had tried with 64 frames initially, and
it maxes out immediately (on an 2.6 ghz i5 quad-core). safe way to run
it is at -p 1024 -n2.

regards,

jörn