Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: "Heavy Head"

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 01 2011 - 18:54:30 EEST

On Wednesday 01 June 2011 17.15.03 Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
> Why, isn't one guitar track enough to convince you of my awesomeness?
> ;-)

Your excistense is enought to convince me! :-)

> Now seriously, it's strange. I've just clicked the link and it went
> past 15MB flawlessly. I cancelled the download there, but I suppose it was
> OK. Could you try to download it again, just in case?
>
> If the same happens to more people, I'll put it in Dropbox instead of
> Ubuntu One. But as I have less space there, I'd like to try UO first.

I try again, it's downloading with 4.3 K/s at the moment, so ETA is more that
14 hours.

If you are concerned about file sizes, then this tip may be the best lossless
way to ship big sound files:

Convert every track to flac (with flac -8) and pack them in a tar file (or for
example a non compressed zip file if tar confuses people). I have tried with
rar, 7-zip and of course tar.bz2, but maximum compression with flac is the
best I have gone so far when packing multi track files.

..ah, ETA is now 10h and 47 minutes (if the download goes well), things are
getting better ;-)

Jostein