Re: [LAU] PS: [OT] Kernel 2.6.39.1

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 02:47:36 EEST

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 00:22 +0100, Folderol wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:08:52 -0400
> Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm completely untalented for drumming, I'm not kidding or sarcastic.
> > > My guitar playing is also within 10ms and sometimes much more worse, but
> > > for syncopation e.g. this human 'jitter' tends to be always to early,
> > > seldom to be to late, it's different for a machine.
> >
> > OK, so you chose not to read the article. That's a shame because its
> > actually one of the most interesting things i've read in a long time
> > (not so much the stuff about musical timing, but even that).
>
> I thought it was a fascinating read too. I was about to go to bed, but now it
> woke me up so much I'll probably not get off for hours :/

It's about time in general, e.g. "in life-threatening situations, time
seems to slow down" ... e.g. somebody doing a suicide by throwing
himself in front of a train, then it's very probably that he will
discern time much slower, this is to enable humans in other situations
to safe life. For some highly gifted people, Asperger and others similar
happens in normal life very often. I'm such a person, but this anyway
has nothing to do with the machine jitter. I guess I don't need to read
the whole text, because this is one of the things I occupied with a lot.

I guess a lot of people have a completely wrong imagination about who
I'm and what I'm thinking etc..

Again, I never claimed that a pleasant timing with syncopation for me is
a bad timing, I'm referring to recordings of MIDI tracks for the rhythm
section, by recoding one instrument after the other, so that each
instrument will have different jitter, without being coloured by the
emotions a human has got. This is a completely different topic.

E.g. the Haas effect is a rule that is true, but also has nothing to do
with this topic.

Regards,

Ralf