Re: [LAU] rt kernels

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 15:01:14 EEST

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:36 +0100, James Morris wrote:
> On 9 June 2011 12:23, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if it's a myth or true, it's said that stroboscope effects
> > can cause epileptic shocks even for averaged people.
>
> Thanks for the enlightenment... Oh no, hang on, my memory banks are
> informing me that OFCOM has for the past ten years, obliged UK TV
> stations to warn viewers when their programmes contain 'flashing
> imagery'.

In Germany there are no warnings regarding to photosensitive epilepsy
and in other countries it might be less known too. I never heard that
any 'averaged healthy' person in Germany had PSE caused by flashing
television, even not that there was a hysteria after they send reports
about PSE.

Btw. the only artist's colours with a health label I own, are from
England, warnings about chemical thingy that in Germany are used as food
colouring. So in England there might be a hysteria, but not in Germany,
those things are less known here.

I really have issues with degassing of some cable jackets. There
shouldn't be degassing for a microphone cable, even if it shouldn't be
unhealthy, it's unpleasant and artist tend to be divas and IMO it's ok
to expect that a cable doesn't smell, a monitor doesn't flare.

I won't use a monitor at 60 Hz.

-- Ralf