Re: [LAU] acid techno test version 2

From: Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2011 - 22:04:43 EEST

On 10/06/2011, Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> [unrelated rant]
> mplayer finished with: A: 284.4 (04:44.3) of 411.0 (06:51.0)
> why can't it figure out the correct lenght?
> [\rant]

I suppose figuring out the correct length of a VBR MP3 would involve
reading the bitrate of every single frame in it up-front. (Mind, a
running average wouldn't be that hard, surely? Alternatively, LAME
could go back and re-encode the first frame of a VBR MP3 in the most
representative bitrate possible, so that at least those players which
derive their length estimate from the first frame and never update it
can get a little closer.)