Re: [LAU] A3 video prev: syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 00:39:02 EEST

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Arnold Krille wrote:

>> Really? Yes, some of the largest studios such as Disney and Universal
>> actually use Linux (Red Hat) for animation, texturing and VFX. But
>> they don't use any of NLE for Linux.
>> > IMO, there is definitely something fishy going on.
>>
>> Yes, it's called "not being good enough".
>
> Yes, that why they use harrison consoles to mix the scores.
> Oh wait, these run on linux

They don't :)

> What was your point regarding quality again?

Well, just re-read it :) I already wrote why NLEs for Linux don't cut
the mustard for pro folks. You can accept it or you can pretend that
all the issues I mentioned don't exist or don't matter, it's entirely
up to you. I won't argue over that till I'm blue in the face, I just
know the situation from the inside.

P.S. Since I'm not subscribed to ffado-*@, thanks for your work on
Focusrite drivers :)

Alexandre Prokoudine