Re: [LAU] Formant filters?

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 15:58:16 EEST

I've been curious about this too. Using the FOF opcode for granular sounds
like the real deal, and is the common practice in Csound...but going the
other way, and starting with buzz or abuzz and filtering is theoretically
possible; after all, our voice is not really doing granular synthesis, but
subtractive multi-filter synthesis.

My question is: what filter to use then? Resin? Butterbp? Will they just
give similar results that are recognizably formant-like, but colored
differently?

My admittedly brief experiments in this area didn't work as well as FOF, but
maybe someone has working code to share.

AKJ