Re: [LAU] Repository/list of scripts/C>LI utilities

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 11:33:18 EEST

On 06/15/2011 04:51 AM, pshirkey@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>> pshirkey@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>>> http://apps.linuxaudio.org
>>> If there are questions about editing the wiki it's entirely reasonable
>>> discuss here.
>>
>> I would appreciate an administrator who has an overview about Linux
>> audio projects, speaking good English, with a relaxed nature, to inform
>> her/him _once a year_ about dead links or anything outdated else.
>> It's not in everybody to edit a Wiki.
>>

> It's not exactly brain surgery either. Anyone who has the time and doesn't
> at least bother to try on their own first or donate some money to fund
> someone else to do the work for them, doesn't get the right to complain
> about dead links or anything else.
>
> Community projects rely on the entire community to provide the necessary
> resources to maintain the content. The administrators can offer assistance
> but should not be expected to keep the wiki content up to date unless they
> are funded to do so, which they are not.

Thanks Patrick. I could not have put it in a better way.

Besides, we distinguish between administrators (system) and editors
(content).

> There is also an opportunity for a motivated person to organise a spring
> cleaning session and take the lead to inspire and motivate other members
> of the community to lend a hand...

Emanuel Rumpf has taken up that mantle - he send us a new stylesheet
(work in progress) for the wiki and is also responsible for most of the
additions to the apps-index and many wiki-pages. Kudos!

I'm planning a wiki-overhaul (wiki engine update, tag-name cleanup,
auto-highlight 404, etc) as part of a general system-update of the
linuxaudio.org server mid July. I'll announce it in time.

Cheers!
robin