Re: [LAU] flamestudios gig samples

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 16 2011 - 15:47:25 EEST

On 06/16/2011 02:11 PM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from Alexandre Prokoudine's message of 2011-06-15 14:20:30 +0200:
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Ivan Tarozzi wrote:
>>
>>> I can't access piratebay (may be some filter from italian access).
>>> So, if they are GPL, is there a way to share the torrent using a different
>>> site? Thanks!
>>
>> I wanted a tracker that wouldn't ask people to register just to
>> download files, and the pirate bay came first. I couldn't possibly
>> have any objections if samples were available via a different tracker,
>> but I won't reupload everything once again myself :)
>>
>> Alexandre Prokoudine
>> http://libregraphicsworld.org
>
> Can you create a torrent with all of those since the files aren't that
> big?

1+

> Maybe http://openbittorrent.com/ is a better choice than piratebay.

We also have a tracker at linuxaudio.org:6969 - but (after some
spamming) it's no longer open for public announces and restricted to
items also available via HTTP from http://download.linuxaudio.org/bt/

I've looked into mirroring the torrents but was driven away by the
quantity of single small torrents (i'm quite busy this week) but will
re-visit the issue soon.

robin