Re: [LAU] Problem connecting to LinuxSampler

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 12:31:36 EEST

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:46:08AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Yes, it's 8888. :-) But telnet needs to open a pts/something, or
> LinuxSampler does to accept the telnet connection.

Are you sure ? Just did a little test:

- boot into runlevel 3
- login at tty1
- `cat .jackdrc` &
- linuxsampler &
- telnet zita1 8888

and this works perfectly.

> I can't find the difference, except in the kernels (My
> home kernel is custom built) and in the very specific fact, that this
> system runs udev.

Why do you remove udev ? It does some useful things. Here it
completely replaces hal for example. I'd be surprised if it
has anything to do with your problem.

My /dev/pts is normally empty except for the single device
you mentioned. New /dev/pts/# devices are created for xterms
but I assume you don't use those.

Ciao,

--
FA