Re: [LAU] Is this the band Sky? Was: Text-based sound visualisation? Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 52, Issue 32

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 01:11:13 EEST

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 21:50 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:32:29PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:

> > > Beh...
> > >
> > > For Mozart's Requiem there's nothing coming close to the
> > > version by Philippe Herreweghe, Collegium Vocale and La
> > > Chapelle Royale, Harmonia Mundi, 1997.
> >
> > La Petite Bande, Sigiswald Kuijken - a belgium barok orchestra - did an
> > amazing interpretation of it as well. It's fast but to too rushed.
>
> Yes... The Kuijken brothers, Erik Van Nevel, Philippe Herreweghe, ...
> the Belgians have done well in this area.
>
> I *hate* Mozart's Requiem performed too slowly... and Kuijkens
> version certainly isn't too fast.
>
> Tuba mirum spargens sonum...
>
> Ciao,

Tuning and tempo for classical music depends to the generation. I'm
unable to listen to directors, e.g. Herbert von Karajan, who were
children of their times. IMO it's not only the tempo, a major issue for
my taste is the tuning. I prefer 'A' close to 440 Hz. I'm a child from
the 80's, born 1966. I guess there are less classical recordings close
to 440 Hz. And of cause, the faster, the better. But IMO this is
regarding to the world we are living in today.