Re: [LAU] Question about rt kernel in Ubuntu

From: Giorgio - Audiophilo <anomalsound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 04:19:06 EEST

> Are you sure you need an rt kernel? You can get realtime scheduling
> for Jack with the stock kernel in Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio.
>
> http://www.jackaudio.org/realtime_vs_realtime_kernel

Well, since the page says:

A kernel built with the realtime patches (an "RT kernel") is needed only if:

You want to run JACK with very low latency settings that require realtime
performance that can only be achieved with an RT kernel

I would say yes. I have a professional studio, so i need the best
performance in terms of latency.
I wonder why they put the rt kernel out of the repos.

--
Giorgio Bał
*Sound engineer*