Re: [LAU] OpenOctaveMIDI 2 stable

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 18:39:19 EEST

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM, David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>> Does anyone uses oomidi 2 and / or can tell us what to expect really
>
>> when it comes to an stable release or not and if yes, when?
>
> Gitting it right now! Looks quite exciting.
>
> My last windows software was Home Studio, Sonar's little cousin with much
> more bang for the buck. The Win98 version dispensed with the console
> view--no big loss since a mouse is no engineer's 10 fingers. When i-Pad
> screens can be used for such programs, this will change. OOM has drawn
> automation like Home Studio as well as a console view. Looking forward to
> giving this a try.
>
> Let's get this straight, windows has two big programs, Sonar and Cubase and
> some smaller opensource and other competition. Count the linux choices!

Windows has more than just two -- you forgot about Pro-Tools, Nuendo,
Reason, FLStudio, Reaper, Ableton Live...

I believe OOM2 is based on Muse (which has a 2.0 version in beta,
BTW), whereas OOM1 was based on Rosegarden with the notation stuff
stripped out and a couple of other tweaks. I'd tried using OOM1 and
liked it quite a bit but it was terribly unstable so I abandoned it
(and it wouldn't build on anything except Gentoo).

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com