Re: [LAU] Where should lv2core put lv2.h?

From: Chuck Martin <v4o42wl02@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2011 - 07:59:49 EEST

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:15:33PM -0400, Chuck Martin v4o42wl02@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> after installing. I then build the package a second time, and this time
> when I run lv2config, it finds the header file where it expects to find
> it, so it creates usr/include/lv2plug.in and usr/include/lv2plug.in/ns
> in the directory where I'm building the package (it does this because
> I run lv2config as "lv2config $PKG/usr/include"), and also creates
> usr/include/lv2plug.in/lv2core as a symlink to /usr/lib64/lv2/lv2core.lv2,
> where lv2.h has already been installed from the first incomplete build.

I just realized I still had it wrong. The lv2config step needed to create
three directories (not two) and a symlink. To get it to do this, I had
to use "lv2config $PKG/usr/include/lv2", which created /usr/include/lv2,
usr/include/lv2/lv2plug.in, and usr/include/lv2/lv2plug.in/ns in the
package directory, and usr/include/lv2/lv2plug.in/lv2core as a symlink
to /usr/lib64/lv2/lv2core.lv2, where lv2 was. I discovered this when
lilv still failed to build. Now I got it right, and lilv built and
installed successfully.

Chuck