Re: [LAU] Gnome-shell | Unity

From: Roberto <roberto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 26 2011 - 23:21:01 EEST

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 02:23:28PM -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
> Fluxbox is Openbox's successor and is still in very active development.
> I like it a lot and use it on all my machines, not just the studio
> machine. I've never had a problem running either gnome or kde apps
> under it.

Fluxbox is not Openbox's successor. Actually Openbox is newer (started
after Fluxbox) but it was independent of Fluxbox as well, and their
goals were different. Both were derived from Blackbox long time ago,
hence the *box name, but that is of little relevance nowadays because
Openbox 3 was rewritten as a new project and does not share the common
roots anymore.