Re: [LAU] LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2011 - 12:49:58 EEST

On 06/27/2011 01:58 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Leigh Dyer wrote:
>>
>> With Ardour 3 coming along, and looking set to support only LV2 synth
>> plugins, I've just been writing up some notes on the various LV2 synth
>> plugins that are around at the moment. I've listed them here:
>>
>> http://wootangent.net/2011/06/lv2-synths-for-ardour-3-a-list/
>>
>> I hope I've covered all the big ones, but are there any that I'm
>> missing? I'd love for this to be a handy resource for new users when
>> Ardour hits the big 3.0.
>>

> Hi Leigh,
>
> I've built and installed this one but haven't got it working :
>
> http://www.lms.lnt.de/research/activity/systems/topics/synth/index_lv2.shtml
>

> Haven't tested this one :
>
> http://github.com/rekado/lv2-mdaEPiano
>
> This one is nice with A3 :
>
> https://github.com/magnusjonsson/qin

Excellent, I'll add all of those. I didn't have any luck with the first
two either, but Qin is a nice little find.

> Too bad Ardour doesn't support native VST, we'd have the Loomer synths
> and the pizmidi plugins.

Definitely -- it's happened almost by stealth, but all-of-a-sudden, we
seem to have far more synth plugins as native VSTs than we do as DSSI or
LV2 plugins. It's great to see Loomer support it, and it's naturally the
format that other commercial developers would lean toward, too -- the
Pianoteq devs, for instance, have mentioned that VST would be the
easiest plugin format for them:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/05/makers-of-pianoteq-talk-piano-modeling-developing-for-linux/

Thanks
Leigh