Re: [LAU] Gnome-shell | Unity41

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2011 - 15:53:39 EEST

Quoting Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>:

> There should be Linux audio apps, that need GTK2 libs.
>
> XFCE isn't a GNOME2 successor, at least not for me, since GNOME2 is my
> KDE3 successor. When will XFCE became an update that makes it
> similar to Microsoft and
> Apple? How often should we switch the DE?

Come on. Random thoughts about differen't DE's aren't LAU material.
If you have to know when Xfce will be like MS/Apple (whatever that
means), please ask that on the Xfce list.
If you fell like explaining to the world how your workflow looks like
and how you switch between DE's, start a blog.

And no, Gnome2 and GTK2 are two different things. Somewhere in the
future all GTK2 apps will ([probably] have to) be rewritten to use
GTK3 but that has nothing to do with Gnome2/3.