Re: [LAU] wicked drum fills with Hydrogen

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 04:36:38 EEST

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 12:16:39PM -0700, Aaron L. wrote:
> Just started getting into hydrogen.
>
> Pretty sweet.
>
> I'm curious as to how people program fills.
>
> Is there some bank of them that I'm missing?
>
> Or is this a 100% manual process?

Depends on what you mean by "wicked, but I did this in Hydrogen, played it for a drummer, and he laughed, and said, "That's ridiculous! No human drummer would ever play that!"

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/73/0/tongue-funk-0.3.1.ogg

Not quite "The Black Page", and I've never asked any human to actually play stuff like this, but still. Fire up Hydrogen, and just click dots, and what you get could indeed be as wicked as you like.

-ken