Re: [LAU] Best file system for audio?

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 10:31:51 EEST

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 00.47.13 S. Massy wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I know this topic comes up now and again. I'm about to create a
> partition for audio work and am wondering whether any new consensus has
> been reached over which is the best file system format for the job. What
> are you, fellows using?

I have used xfs for audio partitions the last two-three years now and I don't
have any issues so far. xfs is known to bee good when dealing with big files.
Another thing is that it is not very sensitive for fragmentations problems but
you can still defragment the partition if you want to. You can do a lot of
other stuff too, such as dumping and restoring (for backup) without unmounting
the partition first. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS .

Jostein