Re: [LAU] Blacklisting undesired audio devices

From: R.Wolff <musicwolf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 23:37:12 EEST

On 28.06.2011 21:40, wrote Jeremy Jongepier:

> On 06/28/2011 09:23 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> from specific drivers.
>
> 'from specific devices'.
> Sorry that I have to reply to myself.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Hi Jeremy and Jouni,
thanks for clarifying this for me. It was an idea because first I had problems
with random numbering of the devices, which makes working with JACK a pain,
specially if you named your connections acc. to your connected devices. So I
tried the older:

option snd-hda-intel index=0
option snd-ice1712 =index1

which didn't work at all for my Delta. It simply wasn't recognised anymore on
(re)boot.
With the 'slots' option instead, all seems well for the numbering of at least
the hda-intel (used for firefox, mediaplayers etc) and the delta.
I'll refrain from doing silly things then and just keep on rolling as is. Seems
more reasonable.
Because the system behaves well otherwise.

Thank you both for your help.

Raphael ;)