Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.8 released!

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 17:42:08 EEST

On 07/02/2011 04:27 PM, fred wrote:
> Many thanks for quick reply Robin !
>
> unfortunately, it compiles but can't run
>
> f@email-addr-hidden:~/Downloads/qjackctl-0.3.8$ qjackctl
> qjackctl: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot
> f@email-addr-hidden:~/Downloads/qjackctl-0.3.8$ whereis libjack.so.0
> libjack.so: /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0 /usr/local/lib/libjack.so
> f@email-addr-hidden:~/Downloads/qjackctl-0.3.8$
>
> as you can see above it complains about a library that exists, I can't
> understand why !!!

on debian /usr/local/lib is not included by default in /etc/ld.so.conf
just add it there and run `sudo ldconfig`.

Anyway, you need to be really careful when installing jackd in
/usr/local/. If there is another version (official debian package) in
/usr/lib/ you will run into problems sooner of later.

> Thanks again for reply, if you like to
> Have a nice week end,
> Fred

bon week-end,