Re: [LAU] Applying effects when recording electric guitars: before or after recording?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 15:25:48 EEST

On 07/07/2011 01:41 PM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> let's keep it simple as possible: IMHO a professional guitar player in the
> world should not blend his guitar in a mix without using a tube amplifier
> and his set of pedals.
>
> you can re-amp or not but that's all.
>
> moreovrer, a recording engineer should not satisfy other whims.
>
> regards
> -r

Fully agreed. But already albums are recorded using only or mostly
digital modelling. The guitarist of the Dutch band Silkstone
(http://www.fransvanessen.nl/) used NI Guitar Rig to record most of his
parts on their latest album if I have to believe the interviews ;) And
they did well in the Dutch hit charts.

Best,

Jeremy