Re: [LAU] Applying effects when recording electric guitars: before or after recording?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 20:51:31 EEST

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:32:21 +0200
Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:14:17 -0400
> Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > > hello, what's PT?
> >
> > ProTools. Some random audio app used on one of them other operating
> > systems. :-)
> >

> ah yes, think I've read of it somewhere... it must be one of those
> mainstream things :)
>
> renato

Being both poor and unprofessional, I bung the guitar direct into the soundcard
(oh OK, via a plain little pre-amp), then, via JACK, have one path directed to
rakarrack and another to timemachine.

rakarrack kindly connects itself to both the input and the output and loads my
preferred effects - so that nice and quick, and timemachine has that lovely big
button.

Instant 'full' sound and at the same time clean recording. Never noticed any
latency when playing, and I actually have no idea at all what it's set to in
qjackctl - once set, totally forgotten :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk