Re: [LAU] Supercollider error

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 15 2011 - 21:25:37 EEST

2011/7/15 Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>:
> I second that... I'm by no means an expert of programming languages,
> but sclang/sc really seems inconsistent and sort of messed up. I mean,
> it is *good* because you can easily do many non trivial things, but it
> could be much better organized IMHO

Some criticisms are related to the possibilities of using different
syntax for the same job, unlike Python where one job has one syntax.
etc.. This a valid criticism and was discussed a while ago in the
sc-dev. But you can't really changes this kind of stuff without
breaking old code, what you can do is to define a recommended style to
people to follow.

If you really hate sclang you can still use SuperCollider (scsynth)
from Haskell (hsc3) or Scala (scalacollider), two modern and very
successful languages.