Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2011 - 11:45:05 EEST

Simon Wise wrote:
> On 04/08/11 11:40, Rustom Mody wrote:
>
>> [My current modus operandi is to use ubuntu live to partition, grub and
>> generally check out a new system. Then install debian. Any better
>> suggestions are welcome :-) ]
>
> Another debian live cd that has proved very good at dealing with new
> hardware etc, and has a very long track record, is aptosid. This team
> made sidux, and before that kanotix. Almost pure debian sid, with a
> small repo of bug fixes and configuration files, and a nice manual.
>
> http://aptosid.com/

I run that on my desktop/server box and I'm planning to put it on my
laptop. They do a great job of smoothing some of the rough edges of Sid.
Just note that Sid no longer includes the NV (open source NVidia)
driver. It includes the newer Nouveau (open source NVidia) driver.
Unfortunately, Nouveau doesn't support the older NVidia hardware ...

Their newest update now includes an RT kernel 3.0 as an option.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden