Re: [LAU] Subject=Re: community pages

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 15:46:24 EEST

On 08/05/2011 01:35 PM, pshirkey@email-addr-hidden wrote:

>>> This is the right idea.

>>> If you set up the account I can setup the retweet on the centralised
>>> meta
>>> landing page server...
>> It's *social* media. That means it works when you interact with people.
> Unless you only intend to interact with the same people who are on this
> list we are going to need to get some more attention. One way to achieve
> that is to have automated tweets so people can keep up to date and trend a
> topic that catches their attention.
>

>> A centralised meta landing page server, might be a good example what
>> doesn't work. It's technically great, but socially very bad. :)
> Sorry. A centralised location to access all the content that we are
> producing is a bad thing?
>

>> Of course we could do that for such a account, but then social
>> interaction should be done by project accounts (like MuseScore is doing
>> nicely).
>>
> The social interaction will come when people start commenting on the news.
> We need to feed people news and automating the news from the already
> existing locations where people are posting is a handy tool.
>
> Once we get people to notice the already existing content that we are
> posting then we will get more social interaction.
Assuming that all the docs will be placed at Linuxaudio.org ... It might
be good to stick with the same name.

Account: twitter.com/LinuxAudio, hashtags #linuxaudio and/ or #flossaudio ?

But how do you prevent that the RT account will be abused? Isn't it
possible to RT messages from accounts you follow yourself only?

\r