Re: [LAU] rt audio with kernel 3.0 - looking good

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2011 - 06:13:21 EEST

Am Mittwoch, den 10.08.2011, 02:56 +0000 schrieb sonofzev@iinet.net.au:

> On Wed Aug 10 12:31 , Oon-Ee Ng sent:
>

> >On Aug 10, 2011 9:11 AM, "sonofzev@iinet.net.au" <sonofzev@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> >

> >> On Wed Aug 10 8:43 , Arve Barsnes sent:

> >> I had this pain with the rt kernel.. (only).. can someone point out a link to the
> >
> >> patch for the nvidia-drivers...
> >I asked about that on the rt list, but some symbols are exported GPL by the
> rt-patch which disallows their use by the nvidia binary. Patching that would
> probably violate the GPL.
> >
> Ouch..
>
> It does seem there is a way around the problem so if there isn't an available
> diff, are there some manual instructions anywhere that allow them to cooperate?

as far I know you need to convert 3 symbols to EXPORT_SYMBOL instead
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL. That are

__rt_mutex_init
migrate_enable
migrate_disable

You could find them in the source by

grep 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_disable)' -R ./

./kernel/sched.c:EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_disable);

grep 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_enable)' -R ./

./kernel/sched.c:EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(migrate_enable);

grep 'EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__rt_mutex_init)' -R ./

/kernel/rtmutex.c:EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__rt_mutex_init)

With a proper sed you could replace it, or do it by hand.
But I'm no Nvidia user, cant promise that this is right.
That is just what I've heard.
Note, doing this as end user didn't violate the GPL.

greats
hermann