Re: [LAU] [ANN] WIP - JS-Wrap

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2011 - 21:46:25 EEST

On 08/12/2011 11:55 AM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 05:49 PM, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
>> On 08/11/2011 05:42 PM, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> In the tradition of releasing (or at least announcing)buggy, mostly
>>> untested software, here's:
>>>
>>> js_wrap - a simple wrapper for non Jack-Session aware apps whose
>>> state can be fully specified by their commandline
>>>
>>> Use
>>>
>>> js_wrap -- gnome-terminal
>>>
>>> if you want to get a gnome terminal in your jack_session.. Or
>>>
>>> js_wrap -- a2jmidid
>>>
>>> if you want to have the alsa to midi bridge in your jack_session..
>>>
>>> Get the software via copy and paste of the following commands:
>>>

>>> git clone https://github.com/fps/js_wrap
>>> cd js_wrap
>>> mkdir bld
>>> cd bld
>>> cmake ..
>>> cd ..
>>> make -C bld
>>> sudo make install
>>
>> sudo make -C bld install
>>
>> Sorry
>>>
>>> and get to fixing bugs ;D
>>>
>>> In my experiments it worked just fine with gnome-terminal though
>>> there are some errors and the code is pretty much copy-pasta'd from
>>> lash_wrap... So expect breakage and panic and hilarity which will
>>> ensue..
> Thanks for your work. If Qjackctl will support JackSessions infra
> clients, it will provide the same functionality I think. Qjackctl can
> be used without condoms, so that's an obvious advantage.

Makes me wondering, is this tool doing anything 'nasty' in the view of
JackSession developers, for either apps with or without state? All
though the tool seems to be useful, it shouldn't slow down the
implementation of JackSession in the applications of course ... An app
with JackSession is by far more preferable then this kind of 'hacks'.

\r