Re: [LAU] ADAT, spdif, netjack, midi ...

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 00:37:09 EEST

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Thanks, this was the kind of information I was looking for. I just tested
> Linux <> Linux with netjack (seems to run stable), but it was my plan also
> to test it with Windows <> Linux. Did you test it with the latest jack2 on
> Windows?

No not yet, but might give it a try when I am done with some of my
current projects.

> What hardware do you need exactly to be able to use ADAT between the two
> systems?

Well, like I said, on the Linux side, I am using an RME Multiface II
(with PCI interface card), and on Windows I am using an e-MU 1010 card
(it's very barebones, much cheaper than the RME), both support ADAT
I/O, and you need a TOSLINK (optical) cable between the two. I don't
have any monitors connected to the Windows machine, everything is
routed into the RME and I monitor all of the audio through that.

You should be able to accomplish the same thing with netjack, with
fewer cables and your slave machine doesn't even need a souncard.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com