Re: [LAU] QTractor midi control

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 10:38:31 EEST

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:55:21 +0200
> From: "R. Mattes" <rm@email-addr-hidden-freiburg.de>
> Subject: [LAU] QTractor midi control
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>
> Hello list,
>
> I'm currently using qtractor as a midi player to practise music. Is there
> any way to control playback speed with midi contol messages?
>
> TIA
>
> Ralf Mattes

Hi Ralf :)

I can't say for sure, but I don't think so.
A solution might be, to run Qtractor as MIDI timecode slave, e.g. by a
drum machine as master, so you could use the BPM control of the drum
machine to change speed of Qtractor during performance, assumed that MTC
is ok, sometimes it can be tricky.

Ciao,

Ralf