Re: [LAU] starting pd-extended 0.42.5

From: Aaron L. <elmastero74@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2011 - 20:42:48 EEST

Hmmm.....

Not too sure why this doesn't work. However I looked in
/usr/share/applications and "vim'd" pd-extended.desktop and got this:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Pd-extended
GenericName=Pure Data
Comment=Visual dataflow programming platform for multimedia
Comment[ca]=Plataforma de programaci<97> visual per aplicacions
multim<8f>dia
Comment[de]=Grafische Datenflussprogrammierung f<9f>r Multimedia
Comment[es]=Plataforma de programaci<97>n visual para aplicaciones
multimedia
Comment[fr]=Plateforme de programmation visuelle pour applications
multim<8e>dia
Comment[it]=Piattaforma di programmazione visuale per applicazioni
multimedia
Comment[pt]=Plataforma de programa<8d><8b>o visuais para multimedia
Exec=pasuspender -- /usr/bin/pdextended -alsa %F
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=pd
TryExec=pdextended
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;Video;Development
MimeType=text/x-puredata;application/x-maxmsp;text/x-maxmsp;
StartupNotify=false
~

.....Notice the bit in yellow? I'm wondering if that's colliding with
Jack's settings somehow.

(I tried commenting that part out and starting pd and it wouldn't even
start).

If I start pd via the terminal, say, like this: pdextended -jack channels 2
/home/aaron/Desktop/AaronsFiddleSplit.pd

.....I still have to select "JacK' in my media settings (within PD) so it's
not selected by default which one would think would be the case as that's
the flag I sent it, correct?

Either way, my audio settings don't seem to work in pd.

Here's the messages I get before selecting Jack:

error: channels: can't open
error: 2: can't open
fiddle version 1.1 TEST4

Then I'll click on DIO Errors and get this:

seconds ago error type
     2.35 unknown
     2.35 unknown
audio I/O error history:
seconds ago error type
     3.10 unknown
     3.10 unknown
audio I/O error history:
seconds ago error type
     3.57 unknown
     3.57 unknown

Then I'll select Jack in the media settings of pd and click DIO and get
this:

audio I/O error history:
seconds ago error type
     1.30 unknown
     2.32 unknown
   109.83 unknown
   109.83 unknown

Oddly enough, within Jack, all of my connections are gone. So basically it
looks like there are no readable or writable clients to connect to.

Even odder though is the fact that Jack is still running alright as I can
watch a youtube video and audio still works.

Thanks for any input.

-Aaron