Re: [LAU] help with focusrite saffire pro24

From: Edward Diehl <diehl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2011 - 16:07:20 EEST

As Leigh Dyer has noted the options with the Saffire Pro24 (or any
DICE-based firewire device, as far as I know), is to either use the old
firewire stack and any older lib1394 or a the new stack and the new
stack. I will point out (though I'm afraid of sounding like a broken
record), that this device will work out of the box with AVLinux 5.0.
The Saffire Pro 24 or as least the linux driver for it also has the
small issue that the first time you start ffado the device will connect
(connection LED lights) and then disconnect after about a minute.
After you start it a 2nd time it will work just fine.