[LAU] avlinux happiness

From: Eric Steinberg <eric.steinberg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2011 - 22:55:34 EEST

Hi all,

Just wanted to report a working configuration. I've built an audio logger
on a P4 machine with an Edirol FA-101, and it seems to be doing its thing
well enough. AVLinux 5.0, Rotter, and Jack are working like this: I
installed AVLinux on the aforementioned box, then installed Rotter from the
repos. I edited one of the autolaunch scripts so that six instances of
Rotter are launched when I log in. I edited /etc/slim.conf so that I am
automatically logged in upon reboot. I defined a patchbay in Qjackctl so
that audio is routed from individual physical inputs to each instance of
Rotter (one channel per instance), and is looped through to the output with
the same number so that I can monitor with a Q-box (portable speaker). I
added a cron job, as root, so that the machine reboots every few hours (this
is just a remedy for Rotter crashing after 12 hours or so; still can't fix
it, eaux whell). This system writes mono flac files, and puts the files
from each input into its own directory. So far it has been going for about
a week and a half, no problems. Many thanks to all on this list for advice,
info, and moral support.

-Steiny
(415)819-2009