[LAU] Audio interface - which way now?

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2011 - 19:28:37 EEST

My trusty SB Live! is slowly giving up the ghost, and I was wondering
what people would recommend for a cheap audio interface compatible
with linux? It seems USB is a dead end - with all the USB2 stuff being
non-compatible with Linux.. firewire seems to be being phased out, and
I'm not sure about PCI?

I really just need something basic, but that is relatively quiet
(unlike a no-name cheapo USB interface I bought a while back). 1 x
stereo in would be fine for my purposes.

James