Re: [LAU] buying a new laptop

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 09 2011 - 09:50:10 EEST

Device IRQs might be set is in the actual hardware itself. The
manufacturer might have hardwired that device (such as a USB or Firewire
controller) to a particular hardware IRQ line.

Device itself might be designed to require a particular IRQ. Don't know
if that's true anymore, used to be in the days of the E/ISA buses.

I don't think software can do anything about those situations.

BIOS might have option to change IRQs.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden