[LAU] [OT] cpufreqd and kernel configuration (Julien Claassen)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 15:22:16 EEST

> Hello everyone!
> Sorry for being so OT (again). I had to recompile my own kernel and now
> cpufreqd doesn't work. I wonder what I need to enable in the kernel to have
> cpufreqd work? What should be the standard cpu frequency scheduler? Which
> other schedulers can or must be there? Can I put them into the kernel or will
> they have to be modules?
> My current kernel config can be found as:
> http://juliencoder.de/kconfig
> Thanks for reading so far and thanks in advance even more for thinking about
> it.
> Kind regards
> Julien

As I've written to your PM off-list before.

If this is, like it is ...

#
# CPU Frequency scaling
#
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y

... and it is, just run

cpufreq-selector -g performance

when you're making music and run

cpufreq-selector -g ondemand

for office thingies etc.

and don't forget, you might need to push Ctrl + C, if the terminal
should hang.

Don't call this issue OT! It is a PITA and not OT.