Re: [LAU] [OT] cpufreqd and kernel configuration (Julien Claassen)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 16:48:54 EEST

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 14:37 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
> I copied the config from the old kernel, but I'm not sure cpufreqd did work
> correctly there, yet it didn't matter somuch.
> I can't do anything with the rest you wrote. There is no cpufreq-selector
> and I don't know what WM/ DE should be.
> I suppose it is just due to selecting the right modules in the kernel and
> knowing which of them to install as modules and which of them can be compiled
> into the kernel.
> Warm regards
> Julien

I read your config and copied the important part to the list, you don't
need a module, all you need is marked with "yes", it's part of your
kernel. WM = Windows Manager, DE = Desktop Environment

For Debian install the package "gnome-applets", even if you shouldn't
use GNOME ;). It's including cpufreq-selector bin, assumed you're using
Debian or a Debian child.