Re: [LAU] Linux/Musix/Debian on a UMPC

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 22:14:49 EEST

2011/9/12 Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>

> 2011/9/10 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
>
>> Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, dear LAUers.
>>>
>>> I've been doing some testing with Musix 3 beta (based on Debian Squeeze)
>>>

>> Where did you get Musix 3 Beta? I can't find anything higher than 2.1 at
>> their site.
>>
>> --
>> David
>> gnome@email-addr-hidden
>> authenticity, honesty, community
>>

> We're working on it right now, there some testing versions here:
>
> http://wiki.musix.es/index.php?title=Categor%C3%ADa:Versiones_de_prueba_de_Musix
>
> That wiki page is new for people who wants to colaborate that is not in the
> collaborator/developer's list. There wasn't such a list before. Sorry but no
> english version yet, but soon I hope.
>
> We've been developing version 3 for some time now, and the reports have
> been quite favorable, but we'd like to work on it some more. I myself hope
> to include some basic apps I've developed, and take the opportunity to
> release them on Github or similar. But as always... time is what is needed
> :).
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Carlos sanchiavedraz
> * Musix GNU+Linux
> http://www.musix.es

Tried to attach some more information to the list about the exact hardware
on the umpc, but when I connected an old usb-wifi adapter (SMC EZ Connect) I
realized that it also doesn't work, which is odd because it have work in
almost every distro for years.

BTW, today I recalled the people at Indamixxx in this list; maybe they did
have some similar setback with their Samsung model. It's a pitty that this
one doesn't have a split mini qwerty keyboard on the sides.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux