Re: [LAU] Alternative to audacity for simple non-jack recording?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2011 - 11:46:36 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the hints. I'll try to fiddle some more with audacity,
>
> as several people have noted, it would be much better to fiddle more
> with arecord first.

Maybe. My UCA-202 records fine using Audacity. I couldn't get arecord to
record anything from it, but I wasn't really trying that hard. When I
try to record using JACK, JACK fails to start up, reporting something
about an impossible sample size.

My feeling based on the original poster's info is that his device is
only marginally supported by ALSA.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden