Re: [LAU] OT: printers

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 22:04:12 EEST

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:35:41 -0700
>> From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
>> Subject: [LAU] OT: printers
>> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>
> Get a second hand printer with cartridges that don't include the
> nozzles.
> The printer I'm using currently has cartridges with the nozzles
> included, but I found a good imitation with good ink for my HP DeskJet
> 600. It's a printer without colour and with low quality, but Gutenprint
> improves the quality significantly.
> I've got a ribbon printer, unfortunately I can't get ribbons anymore.
> For many usages this ribbon printer would be my first choice. Not only
> because of the less costs, I'm also missing listing paper for some
> usages and this printer could use 'normal' paper and listing paper.
> This ink cartridge issue is caused by criminal companies, we should burn
> their factories down and lynch the management and marketing.

But if we did that, no one could make the cartridges anymore ... ;-)

> There are a lot of replies to your request, I don't read them, perhaps
> somebody mentioned a printer that has got it's own nozzles?

If I recall correctly, Canon inkjets have the nozzles in the print head,
and the only parts you change are the ink reservoirs. I thought Epson
worked the same way, but haven't checked in a long while.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden