Re: [LAU] CD ROM Problem

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2011 - 21:19:20 EEST

On Monday 19 September 2011, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> So, what in the world could be wrong?

Maybe the file names contain characters outside the usual 8-bit charset? you
are probably using UTF-8 in your file system. Have you tried renaming the
files?

> I think that k3b and brasero both use cdrecord, which is a link to
> wodim. Is there an alternate burner that I could try?

Yes. That wodim or cdrkit thing is a lame fork of the original cdrtools:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de

cdrtools has published versions and fixed many bugs since 2006, when the fork
happened, while the fork didn't. K3b has explicit support for the original
cdrtools. You will probably need to compile cdrtools from sources, unless you
change your distro.

Regards,
Pedro